Rules & Eligibility
The Biz Dash is open to employees from corporations, small and large businesses and financial institutions. Employees of non-business organizations (federal, state and municipal governments, educational institutions, and quasi-governmental organizations) are also eligible to participate as long as they are employed by the same unit, branch, chapter or school.
Company Team Eligibility:
- In order to be eligible for a Company Team, participants must be actively employed and work a minimum of 25 hours per week.
- Companies may register an unlimited number of employees for their team, all of whom will be individually timed.
- Team scores will only include participants who are employed by that Company Team. Family and/or friends may be included on Company Teams (if designated during registration), but they will not be eligible for team scoring. All runners will be able to view their individual times.
- Companies must have a minimum of four participants to be eligible for team scoring (two men and two women). See “Scoring & Awards” for more details on how teams are recorded.
- The CEO Challenge category is available to companies with five or more full-time employees. Please refer to “Scoring & Awards” for more details regarding this category.
Individual Participate /Sports Foundation Team:
- Individuals are welcome to join the Sports Foundation Team if their company is not participating.
- On the Registration page, select the “I’m Not On A Company Team” button. You can join the “Sports Foundation Team” by using the password “stlsports”.
- Sports Foundation participants will only be eligible for the overall male and female awards.
Race Day Rules:
- All participants must wear their assigned race bib on the front of the shirt during the race. Race numbers must be visible and in full view.
- For safety reasons, bicycles, roller skates, in-line skates, and pets will be prohibited on the course and in the Spire Team Village.
- Entries are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be deferred to another year.
- Children 3 years old and under are free and do not need to be registered.
- Event management reserves the right to delay, postpone or cancel the event due to inclement weather or conditions deemed unsafe. Participant safety is the number one priority. Entries are non-refundable in the case of cancellation.
Scoring & Awards
Awards presented by Fox Sports Midwest will be presented in these categories:
- Largest Company Team
- Overall Male
- Overall Female
- Male CEO
- Female CEO
- Fastest Small Company (149 or less employees)
- Fastest Midsize Company (150-499 employees)
- Fastest Large Company (500 or more employees)
- Industry Categories – The top team in each of the 18 industry categories
Overall Male & Female – The Overall category will be scored according to the first runners that cross the finish line.
HBM Holdings CEO Challenge – The HBM Holdings CEO Challenge is available to companies with 5 or more full-time employees. It will be scored according to individual chip time (in male and female categories). A CEO Challenge participant must have an Executive or C-Suite Title at their company in order to be eligible. This category welcomes both runners and walkers! Please be sure they are registered for the event by joining your Company Team.
Top Team in each Industry Category presented by Fox Sports Midwest – The Top Team category will be scored according to chip times for all 18 Industry Categories. A company must have a minimum of two men and two women to qualify for team scoring. The top two male finishers and top two female finishers from each Company Team will be automatically combined to create a cumulative team time. ALL participants on Company Teams will have an opportunity to view their individual times.
Fastest Small, Midsize & Large Companies – The Fastest Small, Midsize and Large Teams will be scored according to chip times. These categories will be determined by the total number of active (local) employees at each company who work a minimum of 25 hours per week. If there are multiple (local) office locations participating, each employee must be included in the total count. A company is required to have a minimum of two men and two women to qualify. The top two male finishers and top two female finishers from each team will be automatically combined to create a cumulative team time. Team Captains will select their appropriate company size at the time of team creation.
Largest Company Team – The “Largest Company Team” with the most participants registered will be recognized and awarded the evening of the race.
Team Captains will select an industry category when creating their Company Team. This category will create division assignments that enable companies to compete against similar companies/industries. There are 18 industry categories to choose from listed below:
CPA’s, Tax Professionals, Auditors, Bookkeepers, Clerks
- Banking, Finance & Investments
Banks, Credit Unions, Mortgage Companies, Stock Brokers, Investors, Real Estate
- Consulting & Staffing
HR, Strategy, Employment, Search Firms, Recruiters
Elementary, Secondary, Junior Colleges, Colleges, Universities, Businesses, Technical, Trade
- Engineering, Architecture & Construction
Builders, Designers, Mechanics, Developers, Surveyors
- Foundations & Non-Profits
Charitable, Religious, Clubs, 501c
- Hospitality & Entertainment
Restaurants, Food Services, Hotels, Casinos, Travel and Tourism, Event Management
- Military & Government
Division, Branch, City, County, State, Federal
Life, Auto, Home, Health
Law Firms, Attorneys
- Manufacturing & Utilities
Energy, Gas, Electric, Heating, Air Conditioning, Water, Power, Trash, Internet, Cable
Creative, PR, Advertising, Experiential and Production Agencies
Television, Radio, TV, Newspapers, Magazines
- Medical & Health Care
Hospitals, Medical Supplies, Clinics, Doctor Offices, Physical Therapy, Rehabilitation, Chiropractors, Pharmaceuticals
- Retail & Wholesale
Business to Business, Merchandise, Auto Dealerships, Department Stores, Discount Stores, Distributors, Merchants
- Sports, Fitness & Recreation
Professional or Amateur Teams, Arenas, Fitness Centers, Golf Courses, Leisure Services
- Technology & IT
Supply Chain Solutions, Biotech, Software, Equipment
- Transportation & Logistics
Railroad, Trucking, Shipping, Distribution, Freight
Registration Fees & Deadlines
$28 Per Participant
Registration Fee Includes:
- Biz Dash 5K Virtual Edition T-Shirt
- Phone Holder sponsored by Spire
- Skinny Can Koozie sponsored by ATG
- Digital Race Bib (specific number included in registration confirmation email from RunSignUp)
- Access to Virtual Goodie Bag – Link provided in participant email sent on Friday, Sept. 11
Company Team registration closed: Wednesday, September 9 at 11:59 p.m. CST
Sports Foundation Team closes: Friday, September 11 at Noon CST
No walk-up, race-day or paper registrations, ALL participants must register online.
Entries are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be deferred to another year.
Sports Foundation Team
Participants pay by credit card through the online registration system.
Team Captains have three options for covering entry fees. Captains must make this selection in the “Event Cost” section during team creation. Be sure to talk to your Human Resources or Wellness department to determine how your company will handle payment for this event.
- Employees pay their own entry fee (at no cost to the company).
- Company pays for a percentage of each entry fee. The remainder is covered by each individual employee.
- Company pays for 100% of entry fees. Team Captains will have access to a “Team Invoice” feature through their Team Captain Homepage to view a running balance of their participants. Team Invoices will be sent out on Monday, September 9 to all Team Captains.
Options for Remitting Payment:
- Pay with a credit card online
- Submit a check (payable to the St. Louis Sports Foundation)
St. Louis Sports Commission
Attn: Biz Dash 5K
308 N. 21st Street, Suite 500
St. Louis, MO 63103